Wednesday, May 27, 2020

SPEAK FAITH

by Idaline Prince
21 Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has he been like this?”
“From childhood,” he answered. 22 “It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.”
23 “‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.”
24 Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”
Mark 9:21-24

The hardest moment of hanging on is the gap between believing His promise and receiving the fulfillment of that promise. It’s like a mother who has conceived a baby but needs to wait with faith to see a full-grown baby after nine months.

Speak faith through God’s promises:
When I was carrying my first born in my womb, I had lots of doubts and fears creeping in my mind regarding the normal growth of my baby. “What if….” was a constant question which haunted me. My mother encouraged me to write down promises related to children. One of the promises I repeated often was “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” James 1:17 Whenever the doubt of an abnormal development and fear of complication arose, I said the verse aloud. I started to fight my fears with the Sword of Spirit. It really helped me to overcome my fears.

Speak your doubts through prayer:
Have you ever felt like this? “Lord, I have some faith. But I also have some doubts.” When Jesus wanted to heal the boy who was possessed by the demon, He told the father that everything is possible for him who believes. Immediately the boy’s father makes a classic prayer: “Lord, I do believe. Help me overcome my unbelief.” 

3 comments: