Sunday, October 4, 2009

Am I Safe?

by Idaline Prince
The recap of the tragic events which took place last year dominated the thoughts of every Indian citizen and brought doubts and fear about their security. But the flashing News headlines and the solidarity portrayed by the civilians projected confidence to face any terrorists’ attacks in future. I felt the patriotism surging within me, when candles where lit and prayers were offered in remembrance of the brave heroes of 26/11, at the same time a hint of fear about the future lingered in my mind.
As I was sitting in my cozy apartment, situated in a tranquil campus in God’s own country, the uncertainty of this tranquility haunted me. This morning when I opened the scriptures, I found assurance and safety under the wings of the Almighty. The promise of protection occurred thrice in the passage Zechariah 2: 5-10.
Verse 5: “I myself will be a wall of fire around it” declares the Lord. When the investigators are still figuring the entry ports of the terrorists and the NSG and police forces are posted at different points to ensure safety, the Lord is our refuge and eternal stronghold. Verse 8: “Whoever touches you touches the apple of His eye“Blinking of eyelids is an instant response to any anticipated danger to the eyes. The Lord has promised to protect us before we are endangered as we are precious to him. Verse 10: “I will live among you.” When Jesus entered into the boat the sea instantly became calm and the disciples felt safe. ‘Living with’ emphasizes a deeper and a lasting relationship with those who trust in him.
We can confidently face the uncertainties of tomorrow as we are safe in his arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment